Welcome to the Working Well Blog!
See Change Studio is a small group of caring and creative people who help folks like you be more effective at work. Our consulting services and resources provide support in three areas — teamwork, leadership, and strategy — for organizations seeking to make a positive difference in the world.
One of the things we’ve discovered in our work (and there’s research that backs this up) is that people are more effective in their jobs when they’re happy, healthy, and engaged.
Good communication, a clear vision, smart planning, teamwork, leadership skills — these kinds of things matter. (And that’s what we focus on over at See Change Studio.)
But a sense of balance and joy in your work? That matters too. It matters a lot.
Intentionality and focus.
We aren’t our best selves without these kinds of things. And how can we expect to produce our best work if we’re not being our best selves?
So that’s the focus here at the Working Well Blog.
The Vision for this Blog
I aim to make the Working Well Blog the site I myself have wished for over the years. I’ve always wanted an attractive, one-stop source for information, inspiration, tools, and techniques to help me:
- Be my best self
- Thrive at work
- Live a fulfilling life
- Have a positive impact in the world
I’ve always wanted a touchstone I can turn to on a regular basis to help me focus on what matters most in my life and work, and to help me make smart, compassionate, rewarding choices every single day.
I hope the Working Well Blog can be that resource for you.
What You Will Find Here
As a psychologist with a particular interest not only in people’s work lives, but also in the now-thriving field of positive psychology, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking and learning about the above topics.
Based on my reading, research, and experience, I’ve developed a framework that outlines the ingredients in an enriching and fulfilling life. Here on this blog, I’ll use this lens to look at different aspects of our work lives and at the inextricable link between personal well-being and professional effectiveness.
I’ll discuss things like:
- How good choice making (even in situations where you seem to have no control) drives your satisfaction in work and life, and what you can do to help yourself make wise choices more often.
- How to cultivate a healthy inner life in order to make yourself more effective in your outward activities and relationships.
- Ways to develop relationships that are more authentic and rewarding.
- How to make your work the best possible expression of your talents, passion, and unique personality.
- Strategies for getting the kind of renewal you need in order to put forth your best every day.
In addressing these sorts of topics, I’ll take on some of the challenges we all struggle with at times: feelings of stress, isolation, futility, lack of control, lack of meaning, lack of balance. But together we’ll go beyond that to focus not just on fixing problems but on moving proactively toward our aspirations.
To begin with, you can look for about one post a month from me. But let me know if you’d like to see me start posting more often!
Is This Blog for You?
I’ve said I aim to make this the resource I’ve always wanted myself. But that’s not my primary reason for putting all this out there.
A major goal in starting this blog is to reach more people than I can through my consulting work alone. To build ongoing relationships with passionate, thoughtful, lively people who want to make life better for themselves and for others. To provide support to — and grow alongside — amazing people like you.
If you’d like to join me on this journey, I invite you to share your comments below and also in response to the other posts that will appear on this site.
And make sure you don’t miss out on the resources I’ll be sharing to support you on your journey…
Click below to receive blog posts and special subscriber-only content FREE by email.
Here’s what you’ll get when you subscribe:
- A series of 7 introductory coaching emails to help you take immediately steps to enhance your life at work and beyond
- New blog posts delivered straight to your inbox (about once a month)
- Periodic news, freebies, subscriber-only offers, and more (also about once a month)
I look forward to staying connected and to sharing this journey together!